Header Ads

Jeffrey Tambor Reflects On His Brutal #MeToo Exit From Series Transparent

During a new interview with Gilbert Gottfried and Frank Santopadre for Gilbert’s show, Gottfried’s Colossal Show on SiriusXM, Jeffrey Tambor, the former Transparent star, reflected on his widely publicized departure from the popular Amazon series.

Fans of Transparent know Tambor had the leading role in the series revolving around a transgender woman coming to terms with her identity and dealing with her new life. Speaking with the two hosts, Tambor stated, “I have profoundly apologized and I apologize,” before going on to add that he was very sorry if he ever made someone feel uncomfortable or “vulnerable.”

As it was previously reported, Tambor was fired from the Emmy-winning series due to sexual misconduct allegations amid the cascade of accusations in early 2018. At that time, many women were coming out of the woodwork to accuse powerful or influential men of assault and other transgressions.

Two transwomen, in addition to his co-star, Trace Lysette, accused Jeffrey of sexual misconduct. As a result, the show was put on break until the showrunner figured out how to end it. They concluded the series with a feature-length musical production that came out in September.

View this post on Instagram

When I was next in line to meet Jeffrey Tambor and have him sign my book I kept thinking how awesome and hilarious it would be if he would write "Hey now!" in mine. Then he asked me what I wanted him to write which completely threw me off. I freaked out and told him he could write whatever he would like for fear of being THAT fan. I just finished the book last night and the chapter on Garry Shandling and The Larry Sanders Show (a person and show I absolutely love) made me cry so much. Jeffrey Tambor played Hank Kingsley, the Ed McMahon sidekick to Larry Sanders. A complicated, hilarious, lovable man who got in his own way all the time and fucked up in grand ways over and over. His signature catchphrase was "Hey now!" and he became one of my favorite tv show characters of all time. I very quickly learned how special this time and show was to him and especially that line. I also learned how grateful and humble Jeffrey Tambor is as every chapter in his memoir is about being thankful to all the (good and bad) people and experiences in his life so far. I also learned that we have WAAAAY more in common than I thought as actors and especially as humans. I HIGHLY recommend his memoir Are You Anybody? to everyone, especially actors. Such a moving and inspiring reminder that this journey is going to be filled with really difficult times but not without some absolutely magical, life-changing times. After finishing his book, I immediately tweeted him my brief thoughts and now I have no regrets. 😭

A post shared by Kristine Gerolaga (@kristinegerolaga) on

Two years ago, during an interview with The Hollywood Reporter, Tambor denied all of the allegations of sexual misconduct but admitted there were times he was “difficult” while filming and working with others. Tambor admitted he drove himself and his castmates “crazy.”

“Lines got blurred,” the actor remarked. Soloway, the creator of the successful show, said a year after the controversy that the entire scandal was very painful for everyone involved because they were all like family.

Around that time, Soloway shared that she and producers discussed keeping the show on the air for 10 years, but it obviously didn’t end that way. While the show’s collapse was unfortunate, it did have a very successful run.

The Hollywood Reporter claims Tambor took home not one but two Emmy Awards for his portrayal of the 70-year-old transgender woman.



source https://celebrityinsider.org/jeffrey-tambor-reflects-on-his-brutal-metoo-exit-from-series-transparent-388390/

No comments

EngageYa

Powered by Blogger.