Header Ads

Serena Williams Gushes Over Husband Alexis Ohanian After Resigning From Reddit And Encouraging The Company To Replace Him With A Black Candidate – ‘So Proud!’

As you might have heard, Alexis Ohanian, who is the co-founder of Reddit, has decided to step down from the company. Not only that but, he has also expressed his hope that they will replace him with a black candidate amid the protests for racial equality happening all over the world.

That being said, his wife, tennis champion Serena Williams, has opened up about his gesture and expressed just how proud she is of her husband.

The famous sportswoman took to her Twitter account following the resignation announcement to gush over Alexis, with whom she also shares adorable daughter, Alexis Olympia, 2!

‘Having diverse views on any boards is important. So proud of you Alexis. I know Olympia will be too,’ Serena wrote in her post, pointing out that their daughter will be impressed as well in the future when she’ll be able to understand the situation better.

The entrepreneur who co-founded the site more than a decade ago, shared the news that he was stepping down on June 5, writing: ‘I co-founded [Reddit] 15 years ago to help people find a community and sense of belonging. It’s been long overdue to do the right thing. I am doing this for me, my family, and my country. I am saying this as a father who really needs to be able to answer his Black daughter when she’ll asks: ‘What did you do?’’

He went on to announce that: ‘I have resigned as a member of the Reddit board, I’ve urged them to fill up my seat with a black candidate, and I’ll use future gains on my Reddit stock to serve the Black community, chiefly to curb racial hate, and I am starting with a pledge of $1M to [Colin Kaepernick‘s] [Know Your Rights Camp].’

This comes after huge nationwide outrage over the senseless murder of George Floyd, a black American man killed by a police officer in broad daylight.



source https://celebrityinsider.org/serena-williams-gushes-over-husband-alexis-ohanian-after-resigning-from-reddit-and-encouraging-the-company-to-replace-him-with-a-black-candidate-so-proud-404151/

No comments

EngageYa

Powered by Blogger.